How do i fix the "Your location could not be determined" popup?

Options
Philip
Philip Posts: 1
edited September 2022 in General #1

https://ibb.co/yWfH08X Hello, I recently created my first lens, but every time I open the filter in the Snapchat app I get this annoying pop up, how can I solve that? (Other devices also have this popup too)

Answers

• Bakari Mustafa
    Bakari Mustafa Posts: 178 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

The pop-up you're seeing is likely a permission request asking the user to grant access to the camera. This is a built-in feature of the Snapchat app, and it is displayed whenever a lens uses the camera to capture images or videos.

In order to remove this pop-up, you will need to remove any references to the camera or image capture in your lens. You can do this by going through your lens project and removing any components or scripts that are related to the camera, such as the Camera component or the Image Capture script.

Please keep in mind that removing the camera will cause a loss of functionality for your lens and it will not be able to capture images. If the lens you created includes a feature that is dependant on the camera, such as a "Face-Swap" effect.

Additionally, if you already published the lens, snapchat will not allow any modification of the lens that affects user's privacy like permissions. Therefore, it's important to think about those requirements before you start developing a lens.