Beat Maker (sample project)
This project takes maps and a song and turns them into beats. Tap when the beats pass the white line to hit.
The intention of this project is to be a simple sample so you can experiment with inputs or whatever you want!
- LS v4.28.1
- LS Editor
- Spectacles 2021
- Click/tap when beat passes white line
I only have beat position and cut. Mines and dodge areas won't show up. Because the current click/tap input is a single input type, beats don't yet respond to "how" you hit them - you'd have to code that hit check yourself to respond to the input you'd like to use.
Here’s how to add your song/map:
Get a beat map
Convert your .dat files
- Open .dat “info” and “difficulty” files in text edit
- Make new js files in Lens Studio for each
- At the top of the js files, write “script.json = “
- Then copy the contents of the .dat file and paste it into its new js file
- Drag each js file into the right script component in the Objects panel so the BeatController can read the data.
Convert your song .egg file
- Rename .egg to .ogg
- Convert it to mp3 using some converter tool, maybe audacity
- Drag your song to the audio component
- Use in editor, Snapchat, or Spectacles
- Tap on beats when they pass the line