What are the possible alternatives now that SnapCamera has been shut down?

Options
Taha Malik
Taha Malik Posts: 4
edited April 2023 in General #1

I'm really upset that Snap just shut down the desktop version of SnapCam with hardly any warning and no good reason. But since we need to find something similar, has anyone found anything like it? Any ideas? The "SnapCam for Web" version isn't even close to the APM test same and isn't as good as the original program. Got any ideas?

Comments

• Bakari Mustafa
    Bakari Mustafa Posts: 178 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

As far as alternatives go, it really depends on what you're looking for in a camera application. Some options you might consider include OBS Studio (for capturing and streaming video), ManyCam (for adding special effects and overlays to your webcam feed), or just using the built-in camera app on your computer :|

• Ujala
    Options

SnapCamera was a camera app developed by Snapchat that allowed users to apply lenses and filters to their webcam while using other apps. Since the app has been shut down, there are several alternatives that you can consider:

ManyCam: This app is a popular webcam software that allows you to use various effects and filters while streaming or video chatting.

OBS Studio: This is a free and open-source software that allows you to record and live stream video content. You can use various plugins and filters to enhance your videos.

XSplit VCam: This app is designed specifically for streamers and content creators, allowing you to replace your background with any image or video.

• Taha Malik
    Options

I'm really upset that Snap just shut down the desktop version of SnapCam with hardly any warning and no good reason. But since we need to find something similar, has anyone found anything like it? Any ideas? The "SnapCam for Web" version isn't even close to the arm friendly tennis racquet, same and isn't as good as the original program. Got any ideas?

• Apprentice
    Apprentice Posts: 41 🔥
    Options

Hello, have you an alternative for AR camera?
    Yes you have a capture reorder like ManyCam
    But have you an AR Camera alternative?
    Yes, you have OBS, a screen recorder...
    LMAO....

• Apprentice
    Options

I understand that you are frustrated with the recent decision by Snap to shut down the desktop version of SnapCam. Unfortunately, I do not have any information on any similar programs or alternatives to SnapCam. However, I can suggest a few possible courses of action that you can take to try and find an alternative solution:

Reach out to the Snap support team and express your disappointment with the decision to shut down the desktop version of SnapCam. Ask if they have any plans to develop a replacement or if they can recommend any similar programs.

Search online forums or communities to see if anyone has found a suitable alternative to SnapCam. You may find some suggestions from other users who have also been affected by the shutdown.

Consider exploring other video editing and webcam software options. There are many other programs available that offer similar features to SnapCam. You may find one that suits your needs better than SnapCam did.

I hope this helps you find a solution that works for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Apprentice
    Options

this is Chat GPT....

• audun
    audun Posts: 302 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

@stevenxu please see reports / these comments

• BBKyle
    BBKyle Posts: 1
    Options

Here’s an alternative that I found to be the most similar to Snap Camera, however, it’s still in beta. https://youtu.be/OWhhrGAntcM

• audun
    audun Posts: 302 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

@stevenxu please see the comment above ^

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 591 👻
    edited June 2023 #11
    Options

Thank you so much @audun ! Spam has been removed.

• eddie 🐘
    Options

Hey there! I built an alternative myself: https://www.filteronme.com/

Works on all video calls and streams :)

• Ahmaad khan
    Options

The best alternative is Filteronme use it to create content and you can share it with whatsmody.com

• golia doni
    golia doni Posts: 1
    edited February 27 #14
    Options

Exploring the wonders of Snapcamera on Snapchat. It adds a creative touch to snaps. Share your experiences and tips for using SnapCamera effectively. Let's make our snaps stand out together!