Snap Lenses on Pre-recorded video

Options
Ntr Netorare
Ntr Netorare Posts: 7
edited February 2023 in General #1

Hi all, I have University project and I need to apply my own lenses that I created by using lens studio on pre-recorded videos, so because the snap camera shout-down I cannot use the I created or that I published.
Is there any way can I apply the lenses using any sort of method even it in Lens Studio? usual the length of the video is 1 min.
Note :Snap Camera no longer working

Answers

• Kevando
    Kevando Posts: 76 🔥🔥
    Options

Yes!

If you upload a video to the "lens preview" in lens studio and instead of the default "iphone x" view, you pick the horizontal view, that will give you the ability add lens effects to your pre-recorded video

• Ntr Netorare
    Options

@Kevando said:
    Yes!

If you upload a video to the "lens preview" in lens studio and instead of the default "iphone x" view, you pick the horizontal view, that will give you the ability add lens effects to your pre-recorded video

well, I tried this method before, first I need to find third party app such as split cam to use the video in the lens and second the video will be laggy and without sound.
    the method you mentioned "upload" is there a way to upload the video not just using the virtual camera?
    this will sort the lagging problem but not the sound problem

• John Christ
    Options

@Ntr Netorare said:
    Hi all, I have University project and I need to apply my own lenses that I created by using lens studio on pre-recorded videos, so because the snap camera shout-down I cannot use the I created or that I published.
    Is there any way can I apply the lenses using any sort of method even it in Lens Studio? usual the length of the video is 1 min.

Yes, but it's not a simple process. I used this method to add snap lenses to classic movies a couple times (live in a stream) and even made a YT channel called SnapCinema or SnapCinemaHorror (I forget the name). What I did was use a program called ManyCam to play the video as a virtual webcam signal, then I used Snap Camera with ManyCam as my selected webcam. Finally, I captured/recorded the Snap Camera webcam and the ManyCam audio in OBS Studio.

Since then, it's become possible to use OBS Studio's output as a virtual webcam as well, but I dunno how you'd record the SnapCam output--two instances of OBS? I prefer ManyCam/OBS, since that way, you can snag the audio output from ManyCam.

After that, you may need to add delay to the audio from within OBS, to sync up audio and video, then record your video. If you have trouble syncing the audio, download an audio/video sync clip and play it through ManyCam on repeat while you adjust the audio latency from the Advanced Audio Properties in OBS Studio. I tried splitting the audio off the video, then adding it to the recorded video, but it was a nightmare. SnapCam simply isn't made for this and the audio/video would go out of sync, depending on the complexity of the render job it was doing. At least with the live audio, I was able to re-sync it occasionally.

This method was not ideal. Then again, beggars can't be choosers and I appreciate the ability to use Snap lenses in this way. I spent months searching the net and trying different software to get this to work, but maybe someday, we will see an AE/Premiere plugin for adding lenses. Then again, going off my response from Snap, probably not.

Your college project is probably long since done, but I'm putting this up here for people like me, who are searching for a solution to adding snap lenses to existing video. If you end up using this method and are feeling grateful, please send a link of your work to vendaciousness(at)gmail.com. I'd love to see what you made.

-John

• Ntr Netorare
    Options

@John Christ said:

Actually bro Snap Camera in no longer supported from snapchat so they removed all the filter, there was some people on GitHub to recover the application function but they didn't succeed in importing the new filter, so I Cann't use my own filters :\ .
    "lens preview" is perfect but the sound is major problem, because there is some lagging and when I add the sound there is some displacement.
    Thank you for your comment ^_^

• Warn1234
    Warn1234 Posts: 11 🔥
    edited January 19 #6
    Options

Certainly! Adding Snap lenses to classic movies for live streams involves using ManyCam,also check PikaShow App. I've employed this method to create SnapCinema or SnapCinemaHorror on YouTube, integrating lenses seamlessly during streams.

• Rabiya Haseeb
    Rabiya Haseeb Posts: 6
    edited March 21 #7
    Options

It's unfortunate that Snap Camera is no longer supported by Snapchat. This means new filters can't be imported, even with community efforts on GitHub. While alternatives like "Lens Preview" exist, they have drawbacks. The sound quality suffers from lag, similar to what you might experience with a version of OSCracks . This makes it difficult to use these alternatives for applications requiring clear audio.