How does 3D bodytracking deal with people with different height?

For a project at a kids festival I'm working with 3D tracking. I've noticed that the bodytracking function seems to assume that a person in front of the camera has a certain length. I've created a small test scenario and I noticed the following:

When a kid is tracked, a script reads the position data. It then places a new 3D object at that coordinate. When I walk around the area where the kid was standing, I notice that the new 3D object was placed about 30 to 50 cm behind the kid. It seems the camera was detecting a full length person, but then a little bit more in the distance compared to where the kid was standing.

Is this something that can be adjusted in a scripts or in the inspector? And what to do when a lens does not know beforehand what length the audience will have? How to deal with a mix of kids and adults at the same time?

Answers

• AaronXR
    AaronXR Posts: 3

This is a great question! I wonder if we could use some scaling on the skeleton to adjust this. I will try an experiment this week with my kids.

• @AaronXR said:
    This is a great question! I wonder if we could use some scaling on the skeleton to adjust this. I will try an experiment this week with my kids.

This is the simplest solution I can think of as well. Although, I'm sure an edit to the script variables would probably be a better solution. Perhaps there is a simple way to manipulate the tracking variables such as expected height etc. Would have to have a more experienced Lens Dev give direction on that.