Heads up! We're sunsetting this forum to streamline our community space.

join us on Discord for support, updates, and all things Snap AR! See you there!
Sign up for our live Camera Kit office hour on July 17 @ 9:30am (PT) / 4:30pm (GMT)

Can you use the Scan feature to scan a QR code to launch a specific Lens using Camera Kit

Sani
Sani Posts: 14 🔥

Hi Steven,

Is it currently possible to implement the scan feature to scan a QR code to launch a specific Lens using Camera Kit.

if not, could a workaround work by launching the iPhone native camera and scanning the QR and then redirecting the users to our App and Launch the Camera and load the Lens?

Thanks a lot,
Sani

Best Answer

• Sani
    #2 Answer ✓

@stevenxu thank you and the team for addressing this question during the Lens Fest. I will confirm for the rest of the community that it's not currently supported and also no clear timelines about if/when this will come to the Camera Kit.

Answers

• Mohammed
    Mohammed Posts: 32 🔥

There are some applications that convert the link into a QR

• Sani

thanks @Mohammed, but I think my question may have been a little confusing.

My question is whether it's possible to scan a QR code (Snapcode) for a specific lens (let's say it's been posted as "Public") and launch it via the Camera Kit from inside our app.

scanning the QR code (Snapcode) using Snapchat App works but it would be great to be able to launch Lenses from inside our apps too.

hopefully that has clarified it :)

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 612 👻

@Sani Checking with our team now on this.. I should get back to you soon. Hang tight!

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 612 👻

Ah, thanks for closing the loop @Sani :)

If this is an important feature for you, please feel free to post in the Feature Request category. Our product team will evaluate for their roadmap.

Be sure to also follow the announcements category for new sdk updates where we also announce new features there too when available.

Steven

Categories