When can we apply to use the Camera Kit for Web-based Experiences ?

Options
Shahnanigans
Shahnanigans Posts: 17 🔥

Hello,

I hope that you are well. I am a post-grad researcher and was wondering if it is possible to get access to the Camera Kit for web-based experiences (WebAR) and I had the following questions:

1. Is it a closed beta program?
  2. If yes, can we apply for it?
  3. If not, would you have a tentative timeline for when it will be launched?
  4. Do we have any information/documentation on its planned capabilities?

Thanks,
Shah

Answers

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 599 👻
    Options

Hey @Shahnanigans - Here is what I can share at the moment:

Thanks so much for your interest in Camera Kit for Web! We are currently testing and learning with an initial set of partners to help inform the product prior to expanding access. However, we are hoping to be able to onboard additional partners in 2023 and appreciate your patience. In the meantime, if you can provide additional information about your use case through the inbound request form at ar.snap.com/camera-kit, we can make sure to track your interest and will reach out when we have expanded access updates.

• Shahnanigans
    Shahnanigans Posts: 17 🔥
    Options

@stevenxu Thank you so much for your response. I was wondering if there was a way to join the current set of partners who are testing and learning? I did fill out the Camera Kit form and was wondering if I could be directed to a relevant department who could help me?

I am currently working on a completely non-commercial but research-based project. To execute the project effectively, I would love to use the Camera Kit for web-based experiences as the audience I am targeting is quite huge and from different age groups. As a lens studio user, I know that the sort of work I am trying to make needs AR capabilities that I can only get from LensStudio.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. If there is a way to have this conversation on DMs or email, please let me know.

Many thanks

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 599 👻
    Options

@Shahnanigans Just sent you a DM. Please note we are tracking those who have interest and will reach out when we have expanded access updates. B)