Heads up! We're sunsetting this forum to streamline our community space.

join us on Discord for support, updates, and all things Snap AR! See you there!
Sign up for our live Camera Kit office hour on July 17 @ 9:30am (PT) / 4:30pm (GMT)

Is it possible to have multiple Bundle IDs approved for the same app?

Sani
Sani Posts: 14 🔥

Hi team,

Is it possible to have multiple Bundle IDs approved for an app in different environments? We have our app set up in three environments:
1. "Test" for our development team to internally test the app,
2. "UAT" for the whole team including product owners to internally test the app
3. "Production" which will eventually be through Public Testflight and eventually on the App Store

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 612 👻
    #2 Answer ✓

@Sani

Camera Kit integration is not dependent on Bundle IDs. You have 2 options for choosing the environment: Staging or Production, and they are selected based on the API Token passed in the app code. These API Tokens are managed from Snap Kit developer portal: https://snapkit.com/manage . Please note that you can not use Production API token until app is Submitted for Review and Approved on the portal.

Answers

• stevenxu

@Sani Thanks for posting your question here! Checking with our team and will get back to you asap.

Steven

• Sani

@stevenxu

Thank you very much Steven. In this case could it possible that the Bundle ID is a legacy field that's somehow left on the admin panel? Because we have tried using a new Bundle ID and both the Login Kit and the Camera Kit seem to work fine.

Can we just push to the App Store Review using a new Bundle ID (while having the old one on the admin panel on Snapchat?).

• stevenxu

@Sani

Bundle ID is mainly applicable for Login Kit, and not for Camera Kit. That is why it is still there.

You can leave the old one as-is while publishing new one to App Store.

• Sani

@stevenxu

Thank you Steven, all clear 🙌

• Itsharry
    Itsharry Posts: 3
    edited February 2023 #7

I think its not qiute possible logically. Because, you only have One ID to login in any app with one name . Recently, when i use the to install Coc Base Layout app in mobile on account i can't do it. If i am doing something wrong kindly please tell me. Thanks!

Categories