Remote Assets are making Lens Studio crash

Options
Shahnanigans
Shahnanigans Posts: 17 🔥

Hello everyone!

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue but every time I use remote assets it is causing lens studio to crash. I was using the Preview Remote Asset object from the asset library. But as soon as I as I add my reference asset , it crashes.

I am not sure why this is happening but can anyone help please?

Comments

• Bakari Mustafa
    Bakari Mustafa Posts: 178 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

You could try checking to make sure you're running the latest version of Lens Studio, as bugs may have been fixed in more recent releases.

Or, try running Lens Studio in safe mode by holding down the 'Ctrl' key while launching the application. This will disable all third-party plugins and extensions, which could be causing the crash.

One other option you might consider is try re-installing lens studio, sometimes corrupted files during installation can cause such issue.

• Shahnanigans
    Shahnanigans Posts: 17 🔥
    Options

@Bakari Mustafa Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am on the latest Lens Studio.

I havent tried Safemode but I can try that, although I feel like this is a script error of some sort.

I have tried reinstalling and have tried it on both Mac and on Windows but the same thing happens on both. I have been following the remote asset tutorial step by step. :(

• Bakari Mustafa
    Bakari Mustafa Posts: 178 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

No worries @Shahnanigans. If you're still having trouble, it might be helpful to post the specific script you're using, along with a detailed description of the problem, so that others can take a look and see if they can help you identify the issue.

• Sumair Tariq
    Sumair Tariq Posts: 1
    edited February 2023 #5
    Options

if you're still having trouble, it might be helpful to post the specific script you're using, along with a detailed description of the problem, so that others can take a look and see if they can help you identify the issue.
    GTA Beast

Options

I have noticed the same thing here. Fresh template and remote preview. the app crashes as soon as I load a remote asset in the inspector pane. Actually the latest version IS the problem. Go back to the previous release doesn't have the problem