Exporting Materials from Blender to Lens Studio

World-Wide Deb
World-Wide Deb Posts: 3
edited January 2023 in General #1

Hi!

I'm having trouble exporting my materials that I created in Blender to Lens Studio.

I've changed the Path Mode to "Copy" and selected "Embed Textures" but when the materials are imported into Lens Studio, they're all just showing up as plain white textures. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong D:

My node editor is using a Principled BDSF connected to the material output, but to my understanding that should export as a PBR?

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm a newbie and getting this Blender file into Lens Studio is one of the last steps before I publish my first Lens!!

Answers

• Bakari Mustafa
    Bakari Mustafa Posts: 178 🔥🔥🔥

There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

• Make sure your textures are in the same folder as your Blender file. When you export the file, the textures will be embedded in the file and will be imported with the materials in Lens Studio.
    • Make sure your textures are in a format that Lens Studio supports. Lens Studio supports PNG and JPG.
    • Check your export settings in Blender. Make sure you have selected the correct export format (FBX is a common format for exporting to Lens Studio) and that you have selected the correct materials and textures to export.
    • Try importing the file into Lens Studio without applying any materials or textures. This will help you determine if the problem is with the export or the import process.
    • Double-check the node editor to see if there is any mistake or error in the material settings.
    • Try exporting the file from Blender as a glTF and import it to Lens Studio.
  • that helped! ty <3