Apply for Camera Kit access with existing Camera Kit app?

When I applied for access to Camera Kit, it was asking me what app is this for, and says "We will send you an email to your inbox if your app is approved." implying the app is already built. We were planning to use the SDK to build an app, so I'm a bit confused what app is being reviewed/approved prior to gaining access?

Tagged:

Answers

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 587 👻

@Eric Bintner Ah apologies for the confusion. Let me clarify: We will send you an email to your inbox if your application/form (for Camera Kit) is approved.

We should say application (or form) instead of "app". I'll share this with our PM.

• stevenxu

OR as suggested from our other team members "use case" :)

Thanks again @Eric Bintner lmk if you have any other questions

• Hmm. I didn't apply a year ago because we only had prototyping and proof-of-concept work, so I'm feeling a bit less confident without prior experience if we're looking for innovation-based edge-cases as a potential use case. Maybe that's my use case? Gotta figure out if our concept is better suited for Snap or TouchDesigner and really need to see which one is better suited for the task.

• stevenxu

@Eric Bintner Yeah doesn't hurt to apply and allow our team to review your scenario / use case! The application process is to help best determine the SDK is a fit for your needs. B)

• Eric Bintner
    Eric Bintner Posts: 6
    edited August 2023 #6

Hey again. I applied and got in, but then I got laid off. I've applied again twice since early July but no reply... I have an interview with The New York Times for a R&D Spatial Engineer role on Monday. Can I please please please get access again??? Was really hoping to build some stuff when I'm between jobs. https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericbintner/

• stevenxu

@Eric Bintner Sorry to hear that :( . If it's been since early July, then it's likely that your application was not approved.

I recommend applying again and add as much details and background in your use case/goal for the review team to have full context. Once completed, please allow up to 1-1.5 weeks for a response.

Hope this helps.