What cases are allowed for the Web Camera Kit? Virtual try-on of glasses is prohibited...

Options
AR Effects
AR Effects Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in General #1

Hi everyone, I created a web Snap Kit App for an online store. So that site users can try on sunglasses.
It works fine but, this is not moderated.
I contacted Snapchat support and got the following response:

"At this time, we are not accepting virtual try on implementations of Camera Kit. We appreciate your patience while we evaluate options for how we may support this use case in the future. We appreciate your patience while we evaluate options to support more use cases for Camera Kit in the future."

I am very surprised.
So I have a few questions:
1. What cases are allowed for web Snap Kit App?
2. What are the limitations for using the Stading Environment?
3. What can I do or add to the effect to get approval?

I don't know if I have the right to attach a link to a sample of my effect here.

Thanks for help 🙏

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Mase
    Michael Mase Posts: 66 🔥🔥
    edited December 2023 #2
    Options

Hi AR Effects! Thanks for your post. Currently, there are only a few rare use cases that are not eligible for Camera Kit; Virtual Try-On being one of them. We are working through this criteria in the near future and I will update this thread with more detail ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

• AR Effects
    AR Effects Posts: 2
    edited December 2023 #3
    Options

@Michael Mase
    It's a pity that there is no feedback when the app is not approved. The inscription “In review” is displayed endlessly. My second entertainment web snap app is also stuck in review, and there is no feedback, at least “rejected”, so that I can understand whether it makes sense to wait or not.

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 591 👻
    Options

Hi @AR Effects

I apologize for the delay in reviewing your app. I have reached out to you directly to give you some feedback. We'll work on improving this.

Thank you for posting your feedback on our process and appreciate your patience!

We'll do better!

• ruyabaraz
    Options

Hi Michael. Is there any update on virtual try on implamantations? Thanks in advance.

@Michael Mase said:
    Hi AR Effects! Thanks for your post. Currently, there are only a few rare use cases that are not eligible for Camera Kit; Virtual Try-On being one of them. We are working through this criteria in the near future and I will update this thread with more detail ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 591 👻
    Options

@ruyabaraz At the time of this writing, our policy still stands. You can read here for more details