[Office Hour] Post Your Questions Here - Dec 2023 Session

stevenxu
stevenxu Posts: 542 👻
edited January 11 in General #1

Welcome to Our December Office Hours!

We're excited to announce a new format for our upcoming session. To enhance the experience for everyone, we're introducing a hybrid approach:

  1. Post Your Questions Here: Have a query about Camera Kit? Just post it in this thread. This allows those who can't attend the live session to participate and see the discussions.

  2. Separate Forum Posts for Each Question: Our team will create individual posts for each question and provide a link back here. This ensures your question gets the attention it deserves.

  3. Live and Written Answers: We'll address your questions both live during the office hours and post written responses in the respective forum threads. This way, everyone benefits from the shared knowledge.

That's it! This'll ensure your questions are answered thoroughly, whether you're joining us live or catching up later.

Get Started: Post your questions about Camera Kit below, and let's dive into a productive session. We're here to provide effective and efficient answers to all your inquiries!

December Office Hour Live session sign up is here.

Comments

  • For people who are new to the topic, can you kindly describe the step-by-step guide to publish Snap Web AR projects? Where do you build them? How do you publish them? Are there any limitations for our clients?

  • I would just like to know more about Camera Kit and how I can incorporate it in my creative workflow?

  • Krystian
    Krystian Posts: 1
    edited December 2023 #4

    We have experienced teams of various sizes (3-7 people) that can facilitate the development of lenses and use CameraKit Web SDK to integrate them into a website. We're always looking to improve our workflow and pipeline. Can you recommended a workflow and pipeline for a team developing a lens and using CameraKit Web SDK to integrate it into a website? How would you divide the responsibilities? How would you handle publishing and updates? Would you use a monorepo or separate repos (one for website, one for lens)?

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    We have an existing app in React Native, how mature is the Camera Kit SDK and community for this option?

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    we have an existing solution using Vuforia for scanning vistual trackers and then content is shown that we upload on our backend with an easy UXUI, our current solution integrated data tracking and the ability upload FBX, GLB,MP4, MP3 and also CTA (call-to-action) URL and easily position. How does the Camera Kit SDK compare? Where the sticking points in the workflow?

  • Any plans to allow Snap to run on desktop? In the past I used SnapCamera as a virtual web cam input into Unity running as a Windows desktop app.

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    when will Camera Kit SDK move out of Beta, what might be the pricing for commercial use, and what is the longevity for changes or sunseting... in other words, how much time would we have to move content to another system to guarantee service to our customers?

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    how does the push to web compare to 8th Wall / Lightship type solutions?

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    we have an opportunity in the Middle East, if we are not able to integrate in our own app, how might handle the user experience for the visitors at this event, what is the easy way to direct visitors by scanning a QR code or such to point me to the Snapchat app or other white label solutions?

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    where is my content hosted that will be used by AR templates of the Camera Kit SDK?

  • Hi guys! Do we get correctly, that your current policies don't allow using of CamKit for commercial try-on mirrors? We are staying on very early stage of creation of our own hardware so any help will be very helpful

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @FFFACE.ME Metamarketing Agency said:
    For people who are new to the topic, can you kindly describe the step-by-step guide to publish Snap Web AR projects? Where do you build them? How do you publish them? Are there any limitations for our clients?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @Angelique A said:
    I would just like to know more about Camera Kit and how I can incorporate it in my creative workflow?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @Krystian said:
    We have experienced teams of various sizes (3-7 people) that can facilitate the development of lenses and use CameraKit Web SDK to integrate them into a website. We're always looking to improve our workflow and pipeline. Can you recommended a workflow and pipeline for a team developing a lens and using CameraKit Web SDK to integrate it into a website? How would you divide the responsibilities? How would you handle publishing and updates? Would you use a monorepo or separate repos (one for website, one for lens)?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    We have an existing app in React Native, how mature is the Camera Kit SDK and community for this option?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    we have an existing solution using Vuforia for scanning vistual trackers and then content is shown that we upload on our backend with an easy UXUI, our current solution integrated data tracking and the ability upload FBX, GLB,MP4, MP3 and also CTA (call-to-action) URL and easily position. How does the Camera Kit SDK compare? Where the sticking points in the workflow?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @Shane said:
    Any plans to allow Snap to run on desktop? In the past I used SnapCamera as a virtual web cam input into Unity running as a Windows desktop app.

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    when will Camera Kit SDK move out of Beta, what might be the pricing for commercial use, and what is the longevity for changes or sunseting... in other words, how much time would we have to move content to another system to guarantee service to our customers?

    Thread here

  • c18e
    c18e Posts: 11 🔥

    one question I forgot to ask and would be ever so grateful for your response. the question: how many apps are currently using the SDK (a lot or a handful)? could you provide links so I can review the results of the SDK integration in those third party apps? Will there always be a Snap logo or only in co-branding projects, for example?

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    how does the push to web compare to 8th Wall / Lightship type solutions?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    we have an opportunity in the Middle East, if we are not able to integrate in our own app, how might handle the user experience for the visitors at this event, what is the easy way to direct visitors by scanning a QR code or such to point me to the Snapchat app or other white label solutions?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @c18e said:
    where is my content hosted that will be used by AR templates of the Camera Kit SDK?

    Thread here

  • stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 542 👻

    @ARRR said:
    Hi guys! Do we get correctly, that your current policies don't allow using of CamKit for commercial try-on mirrors? We are staying on very early stage of creation of our own hardware so any help will be very helpful

    Thread here

This discussion has been closed.