How to fix "event page_view is logged more than once for same URL and Pixel ID"?

Options
Volo
Volo Posts: 1

Hi everyone!

I trying to add a Pixel ID for my website. I already added SnapChat Pixel Script. Everything works well for my second page but there is the error "event page_view is logged more than once for same URL and Pixel ID" for my second page. Anybody knows how to fix it?

Answers

• Glenny Canilao
    Options

To fix the "event page_view is logged more than once for same URL and Pixel ID" error, you should ensure that you are only logging the page_view event once per page load. This error occurs when the event is being triggered multiple times for the same page URL and Pixel ID combination.
    Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this issue:
    Review your tracking implementation: Carefully review your code to ensure that you are only triggering the page_view event once per page load. Double-check that you are not accidentally triggering the event multiple times, such as in different event handlers or in a loop.
    Use a flag to track page loads: You can use a flag variable to keep track of whether the page_view event has already been logged for the current page. Set the flag to true after logging the event, and check the flag before attempting to log the event again. This way, the event will only be logged once per page load.
    Implement a debounce or throttle function: If you are using event handlers that can be triggered rapidly, such as scroll or resize events, consider implementing a debounce or throttle function. This will limit the rate at which the event handlers are executed, reducing the likelihood of multiple page_view events being logged.
    Verify your Pixel ID: Double-check that you are using the correct Pixel ID for your website. Ensure that the Pixel ID you are using matches the one associated with your website in your Snap Ads account.
    By following these steps and carefully reviewing your tracking implementation, you should be able to resolve the "event page_view is logged more than once for same URL and Pixel ID" error and ensure that the page_view event is only logged once per page load.

Temu, an online shopping platform, is offering significant discounts through two prominent coupon codes: ACT200019 and ACP856709. 
    1. Download the Temu app, available for both iPhone and Android devices.
    2. Browse through the wide range of products available on the platform.
    3. Add desired items to your cart.
    4. During the checkout process, enter either ACT200019 or ACP856709 in the coupon code field.
    5. Apply the code to see the discount reflected in your total.