Volume buttons problems

Options
NovabyAR
NovabyAR Posts: 1
edited April 2022 in Feature Request #1

Currently the pressing the volume buttons on iphone or android while using a lens causes a snap to be taken. This means that the volume of a lens is not adjustable while using it. In order to adjust the volume you have to exit the lens, guess at the volume you want, go back into the lens to see if the volume is correct, and back and forth until you get it right.

For most lenses this is not a big deal since the audio is short, background and looping. However, for narrative audio or non-looping audio or songs, this is a big problem.

Please revise this feature so that the phone volumen buttons adjust the volume of the audio while in a lens.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• MishMish 💘
    Options

Hi I have updated to the latest Snapchat and now I am unable to use my volume button on my iPhone to take a selfie which is what I was doing before

• Now we can’t take snaps with the volume buttons. Thanks for ruining this feature loser.

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 1
    Options

Prioritizing lenses that I would bet the majority of users do not use over such a widely used feature, one could even argue a standard in apps that take pictures, is a very, very poor decision.

• Since last update can not use volume buttons to take a selfie keep reporting it, never get any reply

• Karen
    Karen Posts: 1
    Options

I’m so having this problem too.. any suggestions?

• Wags 🦋 Woo
    Options

Any luck resolving this problem?

• Vikrant 🌈
    Options

I am facing same problem.. I use my back camera To get selfies with volume button... but All sudden volume button is not letting me Take photos..how to resolve this issue

• Robin Bagnell
    Options

Just did the latest update and now I cannot use the volume buttons to take a pic or video!! Most frustrating update ever!! Probably won’t be using this app anymore! Not a good move Snapchat! 😞

• Destiny
    Options

Thanks for ruining Snapchat f*ckin nerd.

• Buzzer
    Options

Just updated my IOS and app and now can no longer take snaps with remote thanks to this!!! (remote shutters all operate volume!) Please REMOVE this absolutely useless feature which most people never use, makes far more sense to have it how it used to be as no one now can use their remotes!! Worst 'update' ever!

• Sammie B X
    Options

I HATE this function being removed. I’ve got little hands 🤣 so this was a massive help in getting a good selfie. Who gives a flying foooook if you can adjust volume whilst in app!?! Can live a few seconds without that, however living without what made the app functional for its actual purpose, is irritating beyond belief.

• Cheyenne
    Cheyenne Posts: 3
    Options

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS UPDATE!!! Snapchat PLEASE bring back the feature!

• *ellie 💙
    Options

Please bring back taking a picture with a volume button, I love taking pictures with my friends and I always used to use the volume button to take .5x pics and now yous have ruined it. Thanks a lot. Bring it back.

• Spencer
    Spencer Posts: 2
    Options

This is the worst feature change EVER in the history of this app. The ONLY way I take pictures in Snapchat is using the volume button!! I literally have barely used Snapchat since this update and probably will be looking to use a different app that suits my needs if this isn't changed back in the next update.