Can open multiple lens studio projects simultaneously

Options
Dheeraj Tibrewal
Dheeraj Tibrewal Posts: 24 🔥
edited April 2022 in Feature Request #1

Hi team, thanks for this platform, I would like u to consider adding the feature in lens studio via which we can open multiple projects in different tabs, right now we can just open a single project nd if we want to see some references from other projects or templates then we have to close the first one then open another project which sometimes makes the process lengthy.

29 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• fahad
    fahad Posts: 5
    Options

Really great suggestion!

• Sasha Soul Art
    Options

Agree

• CyreneQ
    CyreneQ Posts: 5
    Options

That would be helpful. Especially when trying to transfer items/settings from one project to another. It would be great to have two open.

• GoSpooky AR
    Options

Better disable the preview window then :)

Kidding aside, and to add to @CyreneQ 's comment: A more streamlined approach to exchanging assets/settings/code between projects would be great. Copy/Paste or drag between windows could be one option. A persistent cross-project asset manager could also be helpful. Similar to Adobe CC Libraries (but better)

• IshpreetSingh
    Options

This is much needed approach,because if I need something from last or a year a ago project it easy to drag and drop.

• Krunal Bharat Gediya
    Options

I'm sure team is already considering this, but from a performance stand point of you it can be a nightmare trying to run multiple instances of the studio at the same time, and maybe that's why it's still not available officially given how powerful and resource consuming the app is.

• فارس العسيري | Faris
    Options

Agreed, the multi-window allows speed

• I would love this as well

• Hi @Dheeraj Tibrewal

great suggestion But this may require a very high specification device that you will not be able to do from any device

• عماد مراد | خبير عدسة وفلاتر
    Options

We are looking forward to adding the Arabic language to the Lens Studio program

• yc
    yc Posts: 41 🔥
    Options

Currently I actually use multiple virtual machines to open multiple Lens projects. It also helps to just use Visual Studio Code to view code from multiple projects.

• Dheeraj Tibrewal
    Options

Hi, @yc by virtual machines do u means software like Oracle Virtual Box Or different systems?? if u r using a single system then what is the specs of a single virtual OS

• yc
    yc Posts: 41 🔥
    Options

@Dheeraj Tibrewal said:
    Hi, @yc by virtual machines do u means software like Oracle Virtual Box Or different systems?? if u r using a single system then what is the specs of a single virtual OS

Yes also Parallels and VMWare etc ... I usually have some high settings like 16 or 32gb ram for VMs, though it is not necessary. Working with 64gb laptop etc.

• Dheeraj Tibrewal
    Options

@yc said:

@Dheeraj Tibrewal said:

Yes also Parallels and VMWare etc ... I usually have some high settings like 16 or 32gb ram for VMs, though it is not necessary. Working with 64gb laptop etc.

Got you, lets's hope in the future if it's possible for a single system with around 16gb RAM to have multiple window feature

• Mian Wali
    Options

The lenses option, which Snapchat announced last September, can transform your face into that of a horrifying monster or make it look like you're vomiting rainbows. Lenses are a bit similar to apps like Zombiebooth and Face Swap, which apply special effects over an image to distort your appearance.

• Yajan
    Options

Couldn't agree more!

• Trendy
    Options

good

• Goddess Filter
    Options

I find this very important also. I have powerful enough system to run multiple Apps. This limitation is quite annoying, considering you can run multipple instances of other apps like 3dsMax, Maya and Houdini

• Kevien Parkar
    Kevien Parkar Posts: 3
    edited March 2023 #21
    Options

We are offering the best 3D digital printing. if someone interested then go to and Say goodbye to printing headaches with Alfajr Printing Art - the smart, simple, and seamless printing solution.

• sjikabadaladka🔥
    Options

yes

• Apprentice
    Apprentice Posts: 41 🔥
    Options

The only solution to redo a project that has bugged and does not want to update. It just seems essential

• audun
    audun Posts: 302 🔥🔥🔥
    Options

🙌🙌 would be great to compare projects

• Hassan Ch
    Options

Great suggestion! Having multiple project tabs in Lens Studio would be a game-changer. How would it improve your workflow?

• Shan za
    Shan za Posts: 2
    Options

Nyc suggested info about me.