My APIs in Lense Portal

Options
Daniel eXplorins
Daniel eXplorins Posts: 11 🔥
edited March 2023 in General #1

Hello everybody,

we were doing some final touches on our lense camera kit implementation.
However as of today, we are not able to create new APIs anymore.
Whenever we create a new API (as explained here: https://docs.snap.com/spectacles/guides/my-lenses-apis-portal#creating-new-apis), all seems to work as normal. After pressing submit API it confirms the creation of API, however the new API never appears in our list.

Even worse, while trying to fix the issue we even deleted those APIs we had built before for testing. So we are a bit blank atm.

Anybody else experiencing issues with APIs recently?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 603 👻
    Options

Hey @Daniel eXplorins Oh boy that sounds rough. I'm submitting a ticket for our eng team to look into this. Hang tight!

• ForumChris
    ForumChris Posts: 23 👻
    Options

Hi @Daniel eXplorins I just tested for my account and was successful. Can you confirm that you are not getting the API to show in the list when following the setup steps in the Camera Kit docs: https://docs.snap.com/camera-kit/guides/tutorials/communicating-between-lenses-and-app#creating-an-api-spec

Additionally, if the API spec does not show in the list on the my-lenses portal, can you also double check the Asset Library to see if it shows there? You will need to be logged in with the same account for this to show.

• Daniel eXplorins
    Daniel eXplorins Posts: 11 🔥
    Options

Hi @ForumChris and @stevenxu, it was really strange. In the end we could finally setup some new APIs so all good for now. Thanks for your super fast support.
    BTW, are you planning to create sharable APIs within the same organization e.g.. Because for now only the user that created the API can publish a lense, which is a bit uncomfortable if we work with templates and scripts...

• Chris Reilly
    Options

BTW, are you planning to create sharable APIs within the same organization e.g.. Because for now only the user that created the API can publish a lense, which is a bit uncomfortable if we work with templates and scripts...

Completely understand this need. We had logged this request in the past and I believe this is planned but we do not have a timeline yet.

• Jorge Costa
    Jorge Costa Posts: 13 🔥
    edited August 2023 #6
    Options

Hi @ForumChris " ; I'm just writing to let you know that I was also about to create a Forum Post regarding this subject. Currently, as a Developer I am responsible for creating the API, but the lens submission is a task from another team, which makes our work a lot more challenging to manage since they can't submit a Lens that uses an API.