Sign up for our live Camera Kit office hour on July 17 @ 9:30am (PT) / 4:30pm (GMT)

Can we access lenses parameters through code?

Options

Hi, hope you are doing well.

For a camera kit project, I'm wondering if I'm able to access lens parameters outside of lens studio. What I mean is, If I set up with scripts some events/variables, would I be able to access it within my website code?

For example, if I click a button on my website, would I be able to trigger an event inside my lens?

I will be creating 100+ filters that will include a custom background, and I'd love to be able to edit the color of the background directly from website's UI.

Thanks in advance,
Loup

Comments

• Michael Mase
    Michael Mase Posts: 66 🔥🔥
    Options

Hi @Loup_Bahroune! Thanks for your post. As of right now, the Remote API is only available with the iOS/Android SDKs. We're hoping to bring this functionality to the Web SDK later this year. Keep an eye on SDK related communications for announcements about this feature.

• Loup_Bahroune
    Options

Thanks a lot @Michael Mase :)

I have another question: Are we able to use other media sources for the web SDK? Like for example, having a custom image to put in background (Using a "browse" button).

• Loup_Bahroune
    Options

(I'm talking about the media picker)

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 612 👻
    Options

Closing the loop:

@Loup_Bahroune said:

Thanks a lot @Michael Mase :)

I have another question: Are we able to use other media sources for the web SDK? Like for example, having a custom image to put in background (Using a "browse" button).

Answer: https://community.snap.com/snapar/discussion/3035/media-picker-web-sdk#latest>

• 12thclassresult
    Options

@Loup_Bahroune said:
    Hi, hope you are doing well.

For a camera kit project, I'm wondering if I'm able to access lens parameters outside of lens studio. What I mean is, If I set up with scripts some events/variables, would I be able to access it within my website code?

For example, if I click a button on my website, would I be able to trigger an event inside my lens?

I will be creating 100+ filters that will include a custom background, and I'd love to be able to edit the color of the background directly from website's UI.

Thanks in advance,
    Loup

Lens Studio is specifically designed for creating augmented reality experiences for platforms like Snapchat. As of my last update in September 2021, there isn't a direct built-in method in Lens Studio to communicate with external web pages or other environments outside of the Snapchat app. So, if you're talking about a Snapchat Lens made with Lens Studio, then there are some inherent limitations.