[Office Hour] Post Your Questions Here - Apr 2024 Session

Options
stevenxu
stevenxu Posts: 597 👻
edited April 16 in General #1

Welcome to Our April Office Hour!

We're excited to announce a new format for our upcoming session. To enhance the experience for everyone, we're introducing a hybrid approach:

1. Post Your Questions Here: Have a query about Camera Kit? Just post it in this thread. This allows those who can't attend the live session to participate and see the discussions.

2. Separate Forum Posts for Each Question: Our team will create individual posts for each question and provide a link back here. This ensures your question gets the attention it deserves.

3. Live and Written Answers: We'll address your questions both live during the office hours and post written responses in the respective forum threads. This way, everyone benefits from the shared knowledge.

That's it! This'll ensure your questions are answered thoroughly, whether you're joining us live or catching up later.

Get Started: Post your questions about Camera Kit below, and let's dive into a productive session. We're here to provide effective and efficient answers to all your inquiries!

Comments

• Reid Martin
    Reid Martin Posts: 2
    edited April 12 #2
    Options

Are there any plans to release sample app code for the Web SDK that has similar features to the Mobile Sample apps? For example, similar UI to Mobile, ability to take pictures, and overall similar experience? Thank You!

Answered:

Correct that we have it for Mobile, but not web. This is because Mobile applications have really similar flows, particularly like the camera takes the whole screen and you have lens carousel at the bottom and it seems to be pretty consistent across many diff use cases. On web, however, there's a lot of various ways the camera web is being used. Therefore, it's tough to figure out one UI that makes sense. We do have a few tutorials in our docs page to walk you through taking picture, recording, etc to hopefully help make it easier.

• SeyXR
    SeyXR Posts: 2
    edited April 12 #3
    Options

I've been trying to add a record button but haven't had any luck. Could you explain if there's a simple way to achieve this?

Answered:

Yes, we do have a sample app that has an example of a record button. If you hold down on the carousel of the camera button, then it will start recording and that might be a good place to start to see how you can record on mobile. For web, we have documentation on how to do this here.

• SeyXR
    SeyXR Posts: 2
    edited April 12 #4
    Options

We've found it to be an excellent solution for accessing filters in Latin America, where the use of Snapchat isn't as common as in India or the US. We think the tool is fabulous to offer to our clients, but we're curious about the workflow with brands, if there will be any costs involved, and when we could start offering it.

Answered:

Thanks for the positive feedback! The workflow is you would submit an application for Camera Kit access per client / brand project. Share the details in the use case to ensure it is within policy and guidelines. Upon approval, you can build the project. More details here. Costs wise you can find here. You can offer it today and beyond :)

• Ragul Puhazhendi
    Ragul Puhazhendi Posts: 2
    edited April 12 #5
    Options

Regarding the tracking, for sunglass virtual try ons, the try on fits well in the front profile or the human face but , if we turn left or right , the sunglass does not sit well on the nose ridge. Any support on how we can achieve this ?

Answered:

To improve the fit of virtual try-on sunglasses when turning the head, you can utilize facial landmark markers to accurately scale and position the glasses based on the eyes and other facial features. However, achieving a perfect fit can be challenging on web platforms due to the lack of true depth sensing, so focus on adjusting the scaling and sizing to find the best possible fit.

• Ragul Puhazhendi
    Ragul Puhazhendi Posts: 2
    edited April 12 #6
    Options

Also can we use the camera kit to launch different variant lenses from a single camera kit embedd link, how do we do this. We are looking to embed the lens on a webpage , suggestions on tech stack to be used here ?

Answered:

To embed different lens variations in a single camera kit on a webpage, you can use launch data to manage minor changes like color or material. For dynamic content updates, utilize remote APIs that allow real-time communication between the lens and your website to adjust models, textures, or other elements. Both methods are documented and offer flexibility based on your specific needs for robustness and functionality.

• TheSpectacle
    TheSpectacle Posts: 7
    edited April 12 #7
    Options

Hi there,

I've successfully built a web Cam Kit project that allows me to connect an external camera to film with - Meaning I can record and download content in 4K with High Fidelity lens quality too.

Currently the only lenses that work are 'front facing' mechanics e.g segmentation, Head/ Hand tracking but I'd like to build a project so I can use 'back camera' lens i.e World AR - Plane tracking, custom markers etc.

Is there a way so that I can connect both my mobile device and external camera - so that the project uses the Device Motion of the phone but the CameraSource from the external camera. Then I can jerry rig my phone onto my external camera and move/film with them both.

I understand there's probably some lens fov matching to do and it won't be a perfect match but wondering if it's possible with the SDK? Or if you know - if there are limitations with current Web APIs - MediaDevices + Device Motion.

Cheers!

Answered:

It is possible through some creative ways... our team will sync with you offline to explore this. Thanks!

• aestarita
    aestarita Posts: 22 🔥
    Options

@stevenxu I totally missed the office hours! I even submitted a question but lost track of time until an hour later :(. Are the office hours recorded somewhere? I can also repost the question in the forum so is all good, but just curious. Thank you!

• stevenxu
    Options

@Reid Martin @SeyXR @Ragul Puhazhendi @TheSpectacle

Thanks to all those that submitted their questions and attended office hours! Just added the answers in your post below your question.

Have a great day and see you at the next office hour!

• Reid Martin
    Options

@Reid Martin said:
    Are there any plans to release sample app code for the Web SDK that has similar features to the Mobile Sample apps? For example, similar UI to Mobile, ability to take pictures, and overall similar experience? Thank You!

Answered:

Correct that we have it for Mobile, but not web. This is because Mobile applications have really similar flows, particularly like the camera takes the whole screen and you have lens carousel at the bottom and it seems to be pretty consistent across many diff use cases. On web, however, there's a lot of various ways the camera web is being used. Therefore, it's tough to figure out one UI that makes sense. We do have a few tutorials in our docs page to walk you through taking picture, recording, etc to hopefully help make it easier.

@stevenxu I haven't been able to find any info on how to take pictures using the Web SDK. Would you be able to direct me to where that might be?

• WENBANG LEI
    Options

I'd like to know the status of the version review I submitted. It's been in review for over a week now.
    806b1b64febe698612cc8e5a427796d
    google pictures

• stevenxu
    Options

@WENBANG LEI Thanks for your question and patience! App review should generally be up to a week, however, that can change depending on a few variables of the submission. Our team is aware of your review via our support ticket. We'll communicate next steps there.

• stevenxu
    Options

@Reid Martin said:
    @stevenxu I haven't been able to find any info on how to take pictures using the Web SDK. Would you be able to direct me to where that might be?

Ah my mistake, it seems we only have it for recording video, though capturing photo is very much feasible. I just don't have that sample code ready for ya.

The recording video if you are curious is here. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.