How do I make the edges/ corners of ground segmentation sharp (not too curvy?!)

Options
Joysticklab
Joysticklab Posts: 7
edited April 19 in General #1

I am working on a ground segmentation project where I want to show floor tiles. The Ground segmentation project is a good start, but I find that there are always significant gaps in the wall-floor edges.

Is there a way to approach this?

Here is how it looks at this point. as you can see, there are many overshoots, and in many places gound was not covered with the effect.

https://ibb.co/18jgBgG

Comments

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 597 👻
    Options

@Joysticklab Hmm let me ask our lens studio team. But also want to check are you trying to use this via our Camera Kit Mobile or Web SDK?

• Joysticklab
    Options

I am going to use it from the camerakit WebSDK.

• stevenxu
    Options

@Joysticklab Ah okay I think you'll run into some limitations due to world ar tracking (rear camera) not the most optimal yet on web. I'll still check with the team though!

• stevenxu
    Options

Your image is being demo'd on Snapchat app which is optimized and also for our mobile sdk

• Joysticklab
    Joysticklab Posts: 7
    edited April 19 #6
    Options

Right, the ground wont even render in web it seems. I just ported my app to Web and I dont see any ground.

• Joysticklab
    Options

Hello @stevenxu do we have any update on this?

FYI, This is where I deployed the app https://preeminent-flan-979f6a.netlify.app/

• stevenxu
    Options

Ah thanks for the bump. Checking with the team

• stevenxu
    Options

Eng shared the following:
    "... this example and others like this will use 2d surface tracking in web and will be a halfway decent estimate atm"

So seems this is expected in the current state of our web sdk. Alternative would be to use the mobile sdk to optimize this type of experience