Heads up! We're sunsetting this forum to streamline our community space.

join us on Discord for support, updates, and all things Snap AR! See you there!
Sign up for our live Camera Kit office hour on July 17 @ 9:30am (PT) / 4:30pm (GMT)

are virtual try-on features supported with camera kit ?

GautiCustoms
GautiCustoms Posts: 2
edited March 21 in General #1

are virtual try on feature is accessible via camera kit now, especially earring try on, and if not hope come companies such as dress x using virtual try on dresses template.

Answers

• stevenxu
    stevenxu Posts: 612 πŸ‘»

Our current policy does not allow for virtual try-on at the time of this writing. We are looking into a plan for this though so stay tuned for updates ;)

Regarding Dress X, they are under a managed partnership with us where there are different terms that apply.

Again, I understand the interest for virtual try-on and the team is looking into a path.

• Gian Lim
    Gian Lim Posts: 2

Is the virtual try-on feature accessible now in the camera kit?

• Gian Lim
    Gian Lim Posts: 2

Are there also tutorials on how the camera kit can be connected to Lens Studio and Android studio?

• stevenxu

@Gian Lim said:
    Is the virtual try-on feature accessible now in the camera kit?

Virtual try-on restrictions per our policy here still stands at the time of this post.

• stevenxu

@Gian Lim said:
    Are there also tutorials on how the camera kit can be connected to Lens Studio and Android studio?

This tutorial may be the closest to what we have at this moment

• Out of curiosity, what goes under virtual try on category? For example, if I use world tracking to place furnitures is that virtual try on?

• stevenxu

@Joysticklab Great question. Your example would be considered virtual try-on if the use case is to facilitate the sale of that item.

Here is the documentation.

• Virtual try-on of physical goods with an aim toward facilitating a sale of the goods
  • @stevenxu Recently I've seen a few companies building custom mirrors and try-on's using Snap (I think camera kit) - is there some sort of licensing agreement to be able to create experiences like this for our clients?

• stevenxu

@Declan Dwyer Your observation is likely correct that it is powered by Camera Kit. They are part of our closed pilot program that grants them the exception to build AR mirrors. Currently, we're testing and learning with a few number of companies to determine med to long term plans. Stay tuned!

• @stevenxu my company would be interested in this private beta. I just get an automated response when I try emailing snapkit-support@snapchat.com.

• Jialu Sun
    Jialu Sun Posts: 1
    edited September 25 #12

Hi @stevenxu , our company is also interested in using CameraKit for virtual-try-on. However it is not for commercial purpose, but for educational knowledge sharing in Museum. I have requested for access for several times, and didn't hear back from the team. Wondering if the team is neglecting my request because of the policy.

Please let me know the best way to connect with Snapchat and if it's possible in our use case to build AR mirrors using CameraKit. Thank you so much!

Categories