How to add a Platform at Platform Identifiers section for an approved application?

Options
2»

Answers

• vadimwanders
    Options

@stevenxu Hi, I've replied in the direct message, please let us know the next steps, would really appreciate your help here!

• boredboard
    boredboard Posts: 2
    edited October 2023 #33
    Options

@stevenxu We're facing the same bug. I tried creating a new version and I still get the Can't add a Platform Identifier for an approved app.

Could you please help us to fix it manually in direct messages? Thanks!

Also, sorry you're the person now manually responsible for this. I started an issue on github in hopes of prioritizing a real solution --> https://github.com/Snapchat/creative-kit-sample/issues/87

• ManishRi
    Options

Hi "m getting the error: "error_description_encryption_metadata_read_failure" when trying to share image to snapchat from my app. I'm unable to add bundle id for production stage and getting error: "Cant add platform identifier for an approved app". I have written to Snapchat but haven't got any response since days. Pl help

• Rizwan Khan
    Rizwan Khan Posts: 1
    edited December 2023 #35
    Options

Hi there! To add a platform in the Platform Identifiers section for an approved application, you usually go to your application's settings. Look for an option like "Manage Platforms" or "Add Platform." There, you can specify the details of the new platform you want to add. You can also get help of Applooter. If you need more help, let me know the specific platform or application, and I can guide you better!

• zhu lei
    zhu lei Posts: 1
    edited March 4 #36
    Options

@stevenxu
    Hello, we have encountered the same problem, and now the Android platform has passed the review. However, the prompt "Can't add a Platform Identifier for an approved Application "is displayed when adding an iOS platform. Even we have created a new version ,but can't select new version on production stage to add new identify for ios platform. Can you share how to solve this problem and the ID of my application that can be added。Thanks
    as image shown bottom ,we can't select new version for 2.38.0 version for production stage

• Rick Buiten
    Options

@stevenxu we have also the same problem. Is it possible for you to add it manually for us?

• Md Asif Ansari
    Options

Hi @stevenxu, now the platform identifiers contain stage and origin so please guide me what should be there in the origin because it is not accepting anything. In the documentation also it is not mentioned could you guide me. Waiting for your response soon. Thank you

• Aakash
    Aakash Posts: 6
    Options

Hey @stevenxu I'm facing this exact problem. I am unable to add a production bundleID, can someone on your team help to manually add it?

• Aakash
    Aakash Posts: 6
    edited April 6 #40
    Options

Hi @stevenxu I followed your steps to resubmit an app for review, given that my app is already in production and in use by users is there any way to expedite the review of my new app on the developer portal. For context and anyone else reading this thread, the integration originally worked even without the production BundleID, only recently did I begin seeing the error that everyone is referring to on this thread "Error sharing to Snapchat: error_description_encryption_metadata_read_failure"