Known Materials issue in Lens Studio 4.22 (fixed in 4.25)

Options
vtang
vtang Posts: 6 👻
edited August 2022 in General #1

Hey Folks

Update: Importing your project into Lens Studio 4.25 fixes this issue.

We had many reports of Material rendering issues in Lens Studio 4.22. Patch 4.22.1 was released to address those issues. One side effect is that some materials created in LS 4.22 can interfere with rendering in Lenses published from LS 4.22.1. This includes the Default material included with all image components. Our recommendation is to start projects in Lens Studio 4.22.1 going forward to avoid generating bugged materials.

If you are finishing a project created in LS 4.22, we recommend resetting all image components to regenerate the Default material.

Please reach out to support at lensstudio-support@snapchat.com if you continue to have issues or notice any other bugs.

Cheers,
Vincent

Comments

• Baruch
    Baruch Posts: 22 🔥
    Options

Hey!

I'm facing an issue where a black face mesh appears when I send my lens to my iPhone to test it out..

Screenshot

Lens Studio v4.22.1

• vtang
    vtang Posts: 6 👻
    Options

Hey @Baruch

Did you try resetting the image components of your Lens project? If so, what version of Snapchat are you using?

Cheers,
    Vincent

• cnat kmon
    cnat kmon Posts: 9
    edited July 2022 #4
    Options

ibrahim

• Melissa Cameron
    Options

We just started using the program today, version 4.22.1. We imported some PNG's, and everything works fine in preview using the program. After publishing to Snap Camera, none of our images show up. All we get is a frozen camera, or a black and purple checkerboard where the images should be. We tried using the default material, and we also tried using a separate unlit material for each texture. It's the same problem every time.

• يوجد مشكلة بالتحديث الاخير

• Coral Orca
    Options

I am facing the same issue. I have upgraded to the new lens studio v4.25. Snap Camera is 1.9.0 (although you show that there is 1.10.0 version here https://snapcamera.snapchat.com/download/ but I dont know know how to download it). I have created new materials in v4.25 but no changes. It is weird because I have some materials that are working (like the glasses frames that are triggered by a script) but the rest is not. The filters I have created with previous lens studio version work, which makes me regret to upgrade especially when I need to publish this and show my client that this is working. I might have to redo the whole thing in a new file.

• vi
    vi Posts: 2
    Options

also getting a pink & black checkerboard when adding Color Correction post effects. Started a brand new project on the latest version, reset everything and it's still broken.

• SubtlyAR
    Options

Do Snapchat have a Minecraft made lense?

• KreJaxx_YouTube
    Options

Im having the same problem, works in preview, and when sent to phone, but not when exported and used on snap cam.